PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect and process personal data only for lawful reasons, such as our legitimate business interests, your consent, or to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations. We do not request highly sensitive data, such as health or medical information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation. We do not intentionally process highly sensitive personal data and reserve the right to reject or delete it.
Information You Provide to Us
Most of the information Just Off Madison collects is provided by you voluntarily while using our Services.
Here are the categories of personal data that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Name, email address, and any other contact information that you provide by filling out Just Off Madison forms
- Billing information, such as credit card number and billing address
- Work or professional information, such as your company or job title
- Unique identifiers, such as username or password
- Demographic information, such as age, education, gender, interests, and ZIP code
- Details of transactions and preferences from your use of the Services
- Correspondence with other users, galleries, or auction houses that you send through our Services, as well as correspondence sent to Just Off Madison
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following business purposes:
- Set up and administer your account
- Provide and improve the Services, including displaying content based on your previous transactions and preferences
- Answer your inquiries and provide customer service
- Marketing and advertising of our Services, including our newsletters (please see the Your Rights/Opt Out section below for how to opt out of marketing communications)
- Post testimonials about our Services (only with your consent)
- Secure the Sites and our Services
- Administer contests and sweepstakes you entered
Information Obtained from Third-Party Sources
Just Off Madison may obtain credit information about you from an outside credit reporting agency to help us with customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
We also collect and publish biographical and other information about artists, which we use to promote the artists and display their works on our Services. The information Just Off Madison collects about artists is provided by our clients, such as galleries and auction houses, and from publicly available sources.
If you provide personal information about others, or if others give us your information, Just Off Madison will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Just Off Madison may share your personal data with third parties as follows:
- With service providers under contract to help provide the Services and assist us with our business operations (such as our direct marketing, payment processing, fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, and co-branded credit cards)
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- When Just Off Madison believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect rights or safety, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If Just Off Madison is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; in such a case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Sites of any change in ownership, or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data
- With other users of the Services that you interact with to help you complete a transaction
There may be other instances where we share your personal data with third parties based upon your consent.
HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
Just Off Madison retains your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that Just Off Madison no longer use your personal data, contact us. Just Off Madison will retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
All information you provide is stored on a secure server, and Just Off Madison follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data we process both during transmission and once received. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Absolute security of your information cannot be guaranteed, and any transmission of data is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on the Just Off Madison websites, contact us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
NOTE TO PARENTS OR GUARDIANS
Our Services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly or intentionally solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18. Just Off Madison reserves the right to delete any child’s information or registration.